I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossoms (kisses)

This is my daughter Autumn's all time favorite cookie. I even made a large one for her 21st birthday.

(make a cookie-cake for someone you love)

PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS (KISSES)
(makes 4 dozen)

Ingredients:
*1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup butter
*1/2 white granulated sugar
*1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
*1/2 cup peanut butter
*1 large egg
*1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
*white granulated sugar for rolling (I use raw sugar.  I like the the course sugar for this)
*Chocolate kisses, with foil off

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
~In a large bowl, cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
~Beat in the peanut butter.
~Mix in egg and vanilla.
~Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
~Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of the dough and roll into balls.
~Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
~Bake for 8 minutes
~Remove from oven.
~Gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each ball.
~Return to oven for 3 minutes.
~Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Variation:
-Substitute creamy peanut butter for crunchy peanut butter.
-Substitute butter for shortening
-Substitute chocolate kisses for mini peanut butter cups.
-Substitute chocolate kisses for rolos.
**If you decide to make a cookie-cake, bake the cookie for 12-14 minutes before putting candy on it. I baked mine in a 8" tart pan. I had enough left over dough to make a few cookies.

No comments: