I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Carrot Burgers

I love when I'm cooking something that reminds me of people that I love. It a reminder to pray for them. All my vegetarian friends and family come in to mind when I make these. My daughters really like these.




CARROT BURGERS
(Serves 5)

Ingredients:
*1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
*1/4 cup celery, chopped very fine
*1/8 cup onions, chopped very fine
*1 teaspoon minced garlic
*2 cups ritz crackers, crushed fine
*2 eggs, beaten
*1 1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon sugar
*1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
*2 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
~Sauté carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil, until carrots are tender.
~Remove from heat and put veggies in a medium size bowl.
~Let cool for about 5 minutes.
~Add crushed crackers, seasonings and lightly mix.
~Mix in beaten eggs.
~Divide into 5 patties.
~Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
~Cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

Helpful Hint:
`Mix a batch or two up (don't cook them), and freeze them.

No comments: