I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Bleu Cheese Dressing

I love bleu cheese dressing, but can not find one I like in the stores. I started playing with a few recipes a couple years ago and decided that this one works the best.


BLEU CHEESE DRESSING
(makes 1 pint)

Ingredients:
*1 cup sour cream
*1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
*1/4 cup milk
*1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
*1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
*1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
*4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

Directions:
~In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, and worcestershire sauce.
~Add dry mustard, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
~Stir in blue cheese.
~Store in a pint jar, covered
~Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. (If you try it before that, it will just taste a little like mayo)

Helpful Hint:
To make it a dip rather than a dressing, omit the milk.

No comments: