I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop

This makes for a very good pork chop.   I like to brine mine for a couple hours to make sure it's nice and tender.  Most generally I would fry it in olive oil, but I'm trying to eat healthier these days, so I bake it.


PARMESAN CRUSTED PORK CHOP
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*4 boneless center-cut pork chops
*1 egg white, lightly beaten
*1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
*1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
*1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/8 teaspoon onion powder
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
*1 lemon

Directions:
~Brine pork chops in kosher-salt water for 1-2 hours.
~Rinse salt off pork chops & discard salt water.
~Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
~Place a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.
~Spray cooling rack with a cooking spray.
~In a medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper & dried thyme.
~Dip pork chops in egg, allow excess egg to drip off.
~Roll pork chops in seasoning mixture.
~Place on cooling rack & bake for 1 hour, or until pork chops are done (turn pork chops after 30 minutes).

No comments: