I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goulash

For me this is a comfort food. Nobody made goulash as good as my mother or uncle Lucky. I loved it as as a kid and still do. It's so versatile. Let this recipe be your starting point, add what every tickles your fancy.





GOULASH
 (serves 5-6)

Ingredients:
*1 pound macaroni noodles or bow tie noodles, cooked.
*1 pound ground beef
*1 quart stewed tomatoes (I can my own)
*1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
*1 small onion, chopped
*1/2 green pepper, chopped
*1/2 red pepper, chopped
*3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
*2 teaspoons black pepper
*1 1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 tablespoon italian seasoning

Directions:
~In a large skillet, cook over medium heat, ground beef, onions, green pepper, and garlic.
~Break up beef into crumbles as it cooks.
~Cook until beef is no longer pink; drain.
~Add stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, & italian seasoning.
~Turn heat down to low, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
~Add cooked macaroni and serve.

Variations:
`Add 1 cup chopped mushrooms
`Add fresh grated parmesan cheese to top, when done


No comments: