I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Buttered Popcorn

My husband could have a bowl of popcorn every night. Our dog Peanut, loves when we make popcorn. He sits right by our feet knowing we will either throw him a piece or will drop a some.


BUTTERED POPCORN
(serves 4 and a dog)

Ingredients:
*3 tablespoons clarified butter
*3 tablespoons canola oil
*1/3 cup popcorn kernels
*salt to taste

Directions:
~1 - 3 quart covered saucepan (I prefer my cast iron pan)
~Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
~Put 4 kernels of corn into the oil, and cover.
~When the kernels of corn start to pop, quickly pour in the rest of the popcorn kernels, in a even layer and cover.
~Remove from heat for 30 seconds.
~Return the pan to the heat.
~Once the popping starts again, gently shake the pan back and forth over burner.
~Try to keep the lid ajar a little durning this process.
~Once the popping slows down to to just a few pops, remove pan from heat.
~Quickly pour into a large bowl.
~Add warm clarified butter, mix throughly.
~Add desired amount of salt, shaking popped corn to distribute salt evenly over popcorn.

2 comments:

Jenn K said...

I love popcorn. I have an air popper and do the microwavable kind, but this looks wayyyyyyy better :)

bj brinker's home cooking said...

I normally do the air popper, because it's healthier. Once in a while, I'll do it the old fashion way.