I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Zucchini Grinders

I have a vegetarian in my house, who loves these. I'm not a vegetarian, but thought they were pretty tasty. Omit what veggies you dislike and enjoy.



ZUCCHINI GRINDERS 
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1/4 cup black olives, chopped
*1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
*2 medium zucchinis, cubed small
*1/4 cup red onion, sliced
*1/2 green pepper, sliced
*red pepper flakes, just a pinch (more if you like it spicy)
*salt & pepper to taste
*1 1/4 cup of Marinara sauce (I like to make my own)
*1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
*4 sub buns (good sturdy type is best)

Directions:
~Heat oven to 350 degrees.
~Split bun and put in oven cut sides up for 1 minute. Just enough to very lightly toast it.
~In a medium skillet put olive oil, zucchini, garlic, olives, mushrooms, onions, & gren pepper.
~Cook until zucchinis are lightly brown & tender.
~Add Marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Cook until heated through.
~Put some mozzarella cheese on both sides of bun (this helps so the bun doesn't get soggy).
~Spoon zucchini mixture on one side of bun.
~Top with more cheese.
~Place grinder on cookie sheet.
~Lightly place a small piece of aluminum foil over cheese
~Cook for 10 minutes.
~Remove aluminum foil, and cook for another 5 minutes or until buns are warm and cheese is melted.

No comments: