I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

This is one of those recipes that I will normally put together (minus the baking time) the day before I need it. I make this when we have 'Rotisserie Chicken (posted 6/14/10) or Turkey.



SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE 
(serves 8-10)

Ingredients:
*4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 4-5 large)
*1/2 cup butter, melted
*1/3 cup milk
*1 cup sugar
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*2 eggs, beaten
*1 cup brown sugar (light)
*1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*1/3 cup butter
*1 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degree.
~Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
~In a large bowl, mix mashed sweet potatoes, butter, milk, sugar, vanilla & eggs.
~In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour.
~Cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
~Stir in pecans.
~Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
~Bake 25 minutes, uncovered.

No comments: