I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smashed Red Skin Potatoes

This is a nice side dish for just about any meat. My family loves mashed potatoes and I don't think I make them enough for them. I like that I don't have to take the time to peel the potatoes for this recipe. This nice change of pace from your regular mashed potatoes.


SMASHED RED SKINNED POTATOES 
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*8-10 red-skin potatoes
*1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/4 cup sour cream
*4 tablespoons butter
*1/4 cup milk
*1 spring of fresh rosemary
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
~Wash potatoes & cut into half.
~Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
~Add 1 teaspoon crushed garlic and salt into the water.
~Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes easily pierce with a fork.
~Drain the potatoes.
~Add butter, and mash until butter is melted.
~Add sour cream, minced garlic, milk, pepper, & rosemary.
~Mash potatoes until smooth.

Variations:
`Add 1/4 cup green onion tops, chopped very small.
`Add 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon.
`Add 1/4 cup cheddar cheese

No comments: