I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Angels Beans

These are called 'Angels Beans' in my family because my sister-in-law Angel made them quite often for family gatherings.  I don't care for beans but my family sure likes these.


Angels Beans
(serves 12-14)

Ingredients:
*3 tablespoons butter
*1 pound lean ground beef
*1 cup onions, chopped
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2-1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
*1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
*1 teaspoon prepared mustard
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup ketchup
*1 (1-pound 12-ounce) can Campbell's Pork & Beans
*1 (15 ounce) can Brooks Chili Beans

Directions:
~Melt butter in a skillet.
~Add ground beef & onions, cook until beef is no longer pink.
~Add salt, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke & mustard.
~Simmer for 15 minutes.
~Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
~Add the beef mixture, pork & beans, and chili beans in a 2 1/2 quart oven-safe baking dish.
~Mix well.
~In a small bowl mix sugar & ketchup.
~Add to the beef & beans.
~Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

No comments: