I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stuffed Pork Chops

I played around with a couple stuffed pork chop recipes. I had a friend of mine give me some spices to try. This "R. L. Schreiber-Sweet & Smokey Rotisserie" seasoning is so good. If you can't find it, use any rotisserie seasoning.


STUFFED PORK CHOPS
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*4 thick cut pork chops (I use butterfly)
*8 slices of white bread
*1 teaspoon white sugar
*1 teaspoon garlic pepper
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*4 tablespoons butter, melted
*1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
*1 stalk celery, finely chopped
*2 tablespoons dried parsley
*1 1/4 cups chicken stock
*1 tablespoon rotisserie seasoning
*1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
~Cut bread into small cubes.
~Place on a baking sheet, single layer.
~Bake under broiler, for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
~Remove from oven and place in a large mixing bowl.
~Comine toasted bread crumbs, sugar, garlic pepper, salt, butter, celery, onions, & parley.
~Mix in 1/4 cup chicken stock.
~Make slits in pork chops to form a pocket.
~Stuff pork chops with stuffing.
~Stick in a couple toothpicks to help keep pork chop closed.
~In a large oven proof skillet, heat olive oil, over medium heat.
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Brown pork chops on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
~Remove from heat.
~Add 1 cup chicken stock.
~Cover pan with aluminum foil or lid.
~Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until pork chops are tender.

Helpful Hint:
`I always brine my pork chops in kosher salt water for at least 1 hour before cooking. It makes for very tender pork chops.

No comments: