I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Snickerdoodles

Every time I make these, I help but think of my daughter's friend Kevin. He loves Snickerdoodles! I love it when I make something that reminds me of someone. It's a reminder to me to pray for that person.



SNICKERDOODLES
(makes 4 dozen)

Ingredients:
*1/2 cup butter, softened
*1/2 cup shortening
*1 1/2 cups white sugar
*2 eggs
*2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
*2 teaspoons cream of tarter
*2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*3 tablespoons white sugar
*3 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~Cream together, butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs & vanilla.
~Mix in the flour, cream of tarter, soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, & salt.
~Mix until well blended.
~Take a rounded teaspoons of dough and shape them into balls.
~Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar & 3 teaspoons cinnamon together.
~Roll the balls of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar.
~Place on a ungreased cookie sheet.
~Bake 8 minutes. Cookies should be set but not hard.
~Remove cookies and let sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
~Remove and let cool on a cooling rack.

No comments: