I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meatball Sub

My daughter Tonia & my favorite adopted daughter Erica love meatball subs. Now if i'm making it for Erica of course I leave out the onions. Very easy to make and very filling. I can't eat a whole one.




MEATBALL SUB
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*1 pound ground beef
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 small onion, finely chopped
*3/4 cup bread crumbs
*2 teaspoons italian seasoning
*2 tablespoon dried parsley
*2 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese
*1 egg, beaten
*1 tablespoon milk
*2 cups spaghetti sauce (I make my own)
*4 hearty sub buns
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
*4-8 slices provolone cheese

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~In a medium bowl, gently mix ground beef, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, parsley, parmesan cheese, egg & milk.
~Shape into 12 meatballs.
~Place in a baking dish.
~Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
~Open your sub bun, and brush the inside with olive oil.
~Sprinkle garlic salt over olive oil.
~Place the sub buns on a baking sheet.
~Bake in oven for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. (I do this durning the last 5 minutes of the meatballs cooking.)
~Warm spaghetti sauce over medium heat, while the meatballs are cooking.
~When meatballs are done, drain any grease from them and put meatballs into spaghetti sauce.
~Spoon the meatballs into sub bun.
~Place provolone cheese over meatballs.
~Return to oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
~Cool slightly and serve.

No comments: