I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brown Sugar Glaze Carrots

I'm always looking for a different twist to cooking veggies. This is pretty tasty, don't let the mix of ingredients scare you off. I normally do not care for cooked carrots, but I really like these. This would be a great Thanksgiving side dish.


BROWN SUGAR GLAZE CARROTS
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*1 small bag mini carrots (or 3 cups sliced)
*2 tablespoons butter
*2 teaspoons dried dill weed
*2 tablespoons brown sugar
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
~Steam carrots until tender
~In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
~Add sugar, dill, salt, & pepper.
~Bring to a small boil.
~Reduce heat, and let sauce simmer until it thickens up a little.
~Mix cooked carrots into sauce & serve.

No comments: