I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Friday, June 5, 2020

Italian Sub Sandwich

This is one of my favorite sandwiches.  I make my own sub rolls and dressing to make it even better.



ITALIAN SUB SANDWICH
(makes 2 large or 4 small)

Ingredients:
*2 large or 4 small sub buns (I prefer to make my own)
*Your favorite vinaigrette dressing (I make my own)
*8-12 slices Genoa Salami, thinly sliced
*8-12 slices capicola, thinly sliced
*8-12 slices boiled ham, thinly sliced
*4-6 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
*4-6 slices mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
*yellow or red onion, thinly sliced
*tomato, thinly sliced (when beefsteak are in season i like to use them)
*1 cup shredded lettuce
*peperoncini, sliced
*salt & pepper

Directions:
~Cut sub rolls in half lengthwise.
~Remove some bread from the middle, unless you like lots of bread.
~Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette dressing on top and bottom half of sub bread.
~Layer meats on bottom half of sub bun.
~Layer mozzarella and provolone cheese over meat.
~Add veggies (omitting those that you don't like)
~Sprinkle a little salt and pepper
~Place top half of sub bun and enjoy.
~If you prefer a hot Italian Sub, preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put the sandwich together without the veggies.  Place sandwich on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Remove from oven and place veggies and top bun on sandwich.

No comments: