I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Teriyaki Sauce

Any recipe that calls for teriyaki sauce, I make my own.   It has far less salt in it and tastes better than what you buy at the store.   It's also so simple to make.


TERIYAKI SAUCE
(makes 2/3 cup)

Ingredients:
*1 tablespoon cornstarch
*1 tablespoon cold water
*1 cup light brown sugar
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
*1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
*1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
*1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:
~In a small bowl or cup, whisk corn starch and water together until smooth.
~In a small saucepan over low heat, mix in all the above ingredients.
~Let sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, until it thickens.
~Let sauce cool.
~Store in refrigerator.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Even using low sodium soy sauce, this recipe was WAY too salty for me! Next time I will try adding in an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar like a similar recipe calls for. Hopefully, it'll even out the saltiness...