I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, October 3, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

When I first heard of BBQ Pizza my thought was "Yuck".  The the more I milled it over the more I wanted to try it out.   I do not know if this is how most people make it, but I really enjoyed it.





BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
(serves 4-6)

Ingredients:
*1 pizza dough (I make my own and some pizza places sell the dough).
*1 boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cooked & shredded
*1/2 cup green peppers, chopped small
*1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
*1 - 1 /2 cups barbecue sauce (I make my own)
*1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
*5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
*1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
*Corn meal

Directions:
~Sprinkle a thin layer of corn meal over pizza pan or a cast iron pan.
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~In a medium bowl, mix chicken and barbecue sauce together.
~Roll out pizza dough to fit pizza pan.
~Spread barbecue sauce with chicken evenly over pizza dough.
~Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over barbecue sauce.
~Sprinkle parmesan cheese over mozzarella cheese.
~Sprinkle green peppers evenly over top of cheeses.
~Spread onions over next.
~Bake on middle rack for 20-25 minutes.



No comments: