I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Easy Gravy

I hear so many people say they can't make gravy. Here is a really easy way to make it. I make this when I don't have enough drippings from chicken, turkey or roast beef.


EASY GRAVY
(makes 2 cups)

Ingredients:
*2 cups of chicken, turkey or beef stock
*3 tablespoons fat drippings (optional)
*1 1/2 teaspoons better than bullion (beef or chicken) 
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon pepper
*1/4 cup cold water
*3-4 tablespoons corn starch

Directions:
~Cook fat drippings and broth in a medium saucepan.
~Bring it to a light boil.
~Stir in seasonings.
~In a small bowl or glass mix cold water & corn starch until smooth.
~Add corn starch-water mixture into boiling chicken stock.
~Whisk constantly until gravy is desired thickness.

Vegetarian Version:
-Substitute stock for vegetable broth.

No comments: