I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas Pears

My grandmother used to can cinnamon pears, and what a treat it was for us to have throughout the winter. My daughters Tonia & Autumn and my sister Connie absolutely love these. Autumn describes it as, "It's Christmas in your mouth".


CHRISTMAS PEARS
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*4 medium sized pears, peeled, cored, & sliced
*3/4 cup water
*3 tablespoons cinnamon hots candy
*1 teaspoon white sugar

Directions:
~Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
~Bring to a boil.
~Cover, and reduce heat.
~Simmer for 20 minutes or until pears are tender.
~Remove from heat & let cool.
~Store, covered in the refrigerator overnight.
~Stir, serve cold.

No comments: