I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Strawberry Milkshake

 I love strawberry shakes, but only with fresh strawberries.   Many strawberry milk are made with strawberry syrup that is made with artificial strawberry flavoring.  


STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

(makes 4 cups)


Ingredients:

*2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (I measure after slicing)

*1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 

*1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional) (I only use when I use out of season strawberries)

*3 cups vanilla ice cream

*1/2 cup whole milk

*1 cup whip cream (optional) (I prefer homemade whip cream)


Directions:

~In a medium bowl, add strawberries, vanilla extract, and sugar.

~Mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

~Place strawberries, ice cream, and milk into blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 40-60 seconds.

~Pour into glasses (2-4 servings depending on how big of a shake you want.  We make 4 servings).

~Put a dollop of whip cream on top and serve.

No comments: