I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Fudge Frosting

 My mom and grandma used to make this frosting.   One of my favorites.  I like to add some chopped walnuts or pecans to the frosting when i'm frosting brownies.  




FUDGE FROSTING

(frosts a 9x13 inch cake or two 8 inch cakes )


Ingredients:

*2 cups granulated sugar

*1 cup unsweetened cocoa

*1/4 teaspoon salt

*1 cup whole milk

*1/2 cup butter, sliced into pieces 

* 1/4 cup light corn syrup

*1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

*3 - 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Directions:

~In a medium-large saucepan, mix granulated sugar and cocoa together until well mixed.

~Stir in milk, butter, light corn syrup, and salt.

~Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

~Remove from heat, and cool for 45-50 minutes.

~Beat in vanilla and powdered sugar until mixture is smooth and spreading consistency.

~Frost cooled cake.

No comments: