I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peach Pie

I live in an area that in known for there delicious peaches & apples.   Every fall when the peaches come in I make peach pie & peach cobbler.   I waiting right now, for a peach cobbler to cool down so I can have a serving.



PEACH PIE
(8 servings)

Ingredients:
*8 large fresh peaches, pitted & sliced
*1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*1 tablespoon cornstarch
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
*1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
*2 (9 inch) pie crusts
*cinnamon sugar, optional

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
~Place one crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
~In a large bowl, mix peaches, flour, cornstarch, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
~Pour into pie pan.
~Drop butter over top of peaches.
~Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
~Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over lattice crust, optional.
~Bake for 15 minutes.
~Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
~Bake another 30 minutes.
~Turn off oven and leave pie in oven for about 1 to 2 hours.
~Slice when completely cooled.


No comments: