I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peach Bread

Yep, it's peach season here in Michigan.   That means Peach Pies, Peach Cobbler, Peach Ice Cream & Peach Bread.   This bread is so good and so versatile.  I sometimes add blueberries to it.   Sometimes I add chocolate chips.  Sometimes I add nuts and sometimes I add all them.



PEACH BREAD
(makes 2 loafs or 8 mini loafs)

Ingredients:
*3 eggs
*2 cups granulated sugar
*2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
*1 cup unsweetened applesauce
*2 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted & mashed
*3 cups all-purpose flour
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon salt
*1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
*1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
*1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans or 8 mini pans.
~In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly.
~Add sugar, applesauce & vanilla, mix well.
~Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon, mix until slightly blended.
~Stir in peaches, nuts & chocolate chips.
~Pour batter into prepared pans.
~Bake for 1 hour, bake mini loafs for 30 minutes.

No comments: