I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

French Onion Chip Dip

Sooooo good.  I am very picky about my french onion chip dips. I started making my own, because I've only found one store bought that I like.   This is very good, especially after it sits for a few hours.



FRENCH ONION CHIP DIP
(serves 16-20)

Ingredients:
*1 tablespoon butter
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 1/2 cups onions, diced
*1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*2 cups sour cream
*1/2 cup mayonnaise
*1/4 teaspoon white pepper
*1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
*1/2 teaspoons celery salt
*1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
*1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives (optional)

Directions:
~In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter & olive oil.
~Once butter is melted, add 1/4 teaspoon salt & onions.
~Cook until onions for about 15 minutes.
~Add minced garlic and cook another 5-10 minutes (onions should be caramelized).
~Remove from heat and let cool.
~Once onion mixture is completely cooled mix with sour cream, mayonnaise, white pepper, & teaspoon kosher salt, celery salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives & worcestershire sauce.
~Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
~Stir before serving.

No comments: