I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Honey Glazed Ham

My daughter Tonia, loves honey baked ham. I don't make it often, so it's a real treat for the family when I do.


HONEY GLAZED HAM
(serves 15)

Ingredients:
*1 (5-7 pound) ready-to-eat spiral ham
*15-20 whole cloves
*1/8 cup dark corn syrup
*1 cup honey
*1/3 cup butter
*1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
~Sick the whole cloves all over the ham.
~Line roasting pan with aluminum foil.
~Place ham in foil lined pan.
~Melt butter in a double boiler or in a glass bowl over a pot of hot water.
~Mix in the corn syrup & honey.
~Keep the glaze warm while ham is baking.
~Brush the glaze over ham.
~Bake for 1-2 hours.
~Baste every 15 minutes.
~Remove from oven.
~Turn oven to broil.
~Add brown sugar to glaze.
~Baste ham one last time.
~Broil for 3-5 minutes.
~Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.

No comments: