I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Friday, November 27, 2020

Hot Caramel Sauce

This is really good over ice cream, cheese cake or butterscotch-pecan pancakes.  Easy to make.  What I like about this recipe is that it doesn't taste like butterscotch like so many others do.


HOT CARAMEL SAUCE:

Ingredients:
*1 cup butter
*1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
*2 cups light brown sugar
*1 cup white sugar
*2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Directions:
~Melt butter in a heavy saucepan, over low heat.
~Add evaporated milk, brown sugar & white sugar.
~Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
~Boil for 3 minutes.
~Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
~Add vanilla and pour into a blender and blend on medium until smooth  (I just use my immersion blender).
~Serve warm.
~Store covered, in a covered jar, in the refrigerator.


*****This stays for only 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.   I often cut the recipe in half unless we are having an ice cream social.

No comments: