I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Chef's Salad

I do love a good salad.  This is one that I like to make when I just don't feel like cooking.  Quick to put together.



CHEF'S SALAD
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*Lettuce of your choice washed and torn into bite sized pieces (about 8 cups)
*1/4 pound ham, julienned strips
*1/4 pound turkey or chicken, julienned strips
*1/8 pound swiss cheese, julienne strips
*1/8 pound cheddar cheese, julienne strips
*2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
*1/4 cup bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled (optional)
*1/2 cup green onions, chopped fine
*1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
*1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
*our favorite salad dressing (I prefer homemade Italian dressing on this salad)

Directions:

~In a large bowl, toss lettuce, green onions, celery and tomatoes.
~Divide salad into 4 bowls.
~Top each said with ham, turkey, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs and bacon.
~Top with favorite salad dressing

No comments: