I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Cheese Popcorn

Quick and easy to make.   You do need to have powdered cheese.  I bought mine from amazon, but I have seen it in grocery stores.   I also bought my flavorcol on line too.  



CHEESE POPCORN


Ingredients:

*2 tablespoons vegetable oil

*1/2 cup popcorn kernels (about 1 1/2 quarts popped)

*1/4 teaspoon flavorcol (if you don't have it, use salt)

*1/4 -1/3 cup powdered cheese


Directions:

~Place vegetable oil into a large stock pot (I use a whirly-popper).

~Heat over medium-high heat.

~Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels and flavorcol and stir until mixed.

~Once kernels start popping, add lid and shake pan as corn pops.

~Once popping slows down, turn off heat.

~Continue shaking pan for another 15-20 seconds.

~Pour popped corn into a large bowl.

~Sprinkle 1/3 of  powdered cheese over popcorn and stir.

~Repeat two more times, coating all of the popcorn.

**I have found if I use a large bowl that has a cover on it, works great.  I just dump the popcorn in, sprinkle the powdered cheese over top, put the lid on the bowl and gently shake and turn the bowl.  It just a couple seconds the popcorn is all coated.

No comments: