I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Chicago Dog

 Another good dog.   I will tell you that I couldn't find Sport Peppers or Chicago Style Relish is my area.  I could have gotten a jar on-line for, but I didn't want to spend $20 for them.  So I used paperoncini peppers and sweet relish.  If you don't have poppy seed buns, just spray the outside of the bun with cooking spray and sprinkle poppy seeds on it.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.  


CHICAGO DOGS

(serves 4)


Ingredients:

*4 all beef hot dogs

*4 poppy seed hot dog buns

*yellow mustard

*1 dill pickle, quarter (or 4 dill pickle spears)

*8 tomato weges (about 1 tomato)

*Chicago style relish

*1/2 sweet onion, chopped

*8 sport peppers (if you can't fine them, use jalapeño or paperoncini peppers)

*celery salt


Directions:

~Steam hot dog until heated through (about 5-8 minutes).

~Steam buns for about 30-40 seconds until hot.

~Remove buns and place on plate.

~Drizzle mustard on the inside of each bun.

~Place hot dog into each bun.

~Place 1 pickle spear on one side of the hot dog.

~Place two tomato wedges on the other side of the hotdog.

~Top with relish, onions, and peppers.

~Sprinkle celery salt over top.

No comments: