I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Cream Pie

To be honest, I just threw this pie together.   I needed to make something for a party and didn't want to go out to the store, so I made it with what I had around the house.   It turned out wonderful.  I love the salty-sweet tastes together.


PEANUT BUTTER CREAM PIE

(serves 8)

Ingredients:
*1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
*1 (12 ounce) container of cool whip, thawed
*1 cup peanut butter (I used fresh ground)
*1 cup powdered sugar
*1/2 cup milk 
*2 cups pretzels
*1/2 cup pecans
*1/4 cup butter
*1/8 cup granulated sugar
*Caramel ice cream syrup (optional)
*Chocolate ice cream syrup (optional)

Directions:
~In a blender or food processor, mix the pecans & pretzels until crushed very small.
~Mix in granulated sugar.
~Mix in butter until mixture comes together.
~Press pretzel mixture into a 8x8 inch pan or a pie plate.
~In a large mixer bowl, cream the cream cheese & peanut butter.
~Add powdered sugar & milk, mix until well incorporated.
~Gently mix in cool whip.
~Pour evenly over pretzel crust.
~Squeeze a small amount of caramel syrup & chocolate syrup over peanut butter mixture.
~Cover & freeze for 4 hours.
~Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: