I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cranberry Relish

Whenever I make things with cranberries I think of my friend Adam, who loves cranberries.    This recipe is a lot like my friend Denise's recipe.   She serves her's on cream cheese, so I thought I'd try that.   Super yummy!


CRANBERRY RELISH

Ingredients:
*1 cup water
*3/4 cup white sugar
*2 granny smith apple, peeled, cored & chopped
*1 orange, peeled, seeded & chopped
*zest of lemon
*1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
*1 cup raisins
*1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions:
~Combine water, sugar & cranberries in a medium pot.
~Bring water to a boil, and the cranberries start to pop open.
~Bring the heat down to a simmer.
~Add apple, orange, & lemon zest.
~Simmer for 20 minutes.
~Remove from heat.
~Add raisins & walnuts.
~Chill

Make it an appetizer and serve over a block of cream cheese and with crackers (ritz Christmas crackers would be pretty awesome).





2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so gross to me that people eat cranberry relish out of a can. Yuck! Nice job, Barb.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.