I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Easy Baked Beans

I do not like beans, but my family does.   This is such a simple way to make them and they are so good (according to my family).  I have two baked bean recipes.   This one is what I would call semi-homemade because of the canned pork & beans.  In the near future I'll post the Boston Baked Bean recipe.   That one takes longer to make.


EASY BAKED BEANS
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*2 (15 ounce) cans pork & beans (bean with out pork for vegetarian)
*1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
*1 small onion, chopped
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1/2 cup ketchup
*1/2 tablespoon prepared mustard
*1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
*1 teaspoon liquid smoke
*1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon black pepper
*4 slices on bacon (optional)

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~Place bacon on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes (you want the bacon cooked but not crisp).
~Remove bacon from oven and let cool.
~Once bacon is cooled, cut into small pieces.
~Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees.
~Combine beans, bacon, brown sugar, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, vinegar, salt & pepper in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
~Bake uncovered, for 1 hour.

No comments: