I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies (for dogs)

 I make these small, but you can make them a little large for big dogs.  My dog goes nuts for these.  You can easily cut this recipe in half or double it.




PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKIN COOKIES

(makes 30-50)


Ingredients:

*1 cup natural creamy peanut butter

*2/3 cup pumpkin puree

*2 large eggs

*2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (use oat flour if your dog has allergies to wheat)

*2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

*1 teaspoon turmeric


Directions:

~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

~Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner (or spray with cooking spray).

~In a large bowl, 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter, 2/3 cup pumpkin puree, and 2 large eggs together.

~Sift 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon tumbril into peanut butter mixture.

~Stir until well combined.

~Scoop 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of dough into hand and roll into a ball (I make the 1 teaspoon size).

~Place on prepared pan.

~Take a fork a gently press making a criss cross pattern (I dip my fork into water to prevent sticking).

~Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

~Remove from oven and allow to cool.

~Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months.

No comments: