I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Philly Steak and Cheese Sloppy Joes

I may never eat another normal sloppy joe again.  Ok, yes I will, but I'll like this one better.  This is so easy and quick to make and tastes delicious.  




PHILLY STEAK AND CHEESE SLOPPY JOES
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey or ground chicken)
*1 medium yellow onion, chopped
*1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
*1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 tablespoon cornstarch
*1 cup beef broth (chicken or turkey stock if using ground turkey or chicken)
*1/4 cup steak sauce
*2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
*6 slices Provolone cheese
*6 hamburger buns (I often make my own)

Directions:
~Cook ground beef, onions, green pepper, red pepper and garlic in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink.
~In a small bowl, whisk beef broth, steak sauce, steak seasoning, salt, pepper and corn starch together.
~Stir into hamburger mixture.
~Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
~While hamburger mixture is simmering, toast hamburger buns.
~Scoop hamburger mixture onto the bottom half of toasted bun.
~Place a slice of cheese over mixture on place top bun over cheese (I like to toast my hamburger buns in the oven.  I turn the oven off.  Once I put the cheese on the sloppy joes, I place the sandwich back into the warm oven until the cheese melts).

No comments: