I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blueberry Dump Cake

I do love most anything with blueberries in it.  This is a very simple recipe.  Most people just use a box cake, but I prefer to make my own.  I know what's in it that way.   Wonderful recipe for a pot-luck.




BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
(serves 8)

Ingredients:
*5-6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*2 cups all purpose flour
*1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
*1 tablespoon baking powder
*1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
*1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
~In a medium bowl, mix blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar & cinnamon.
~Spread mixture over bottom of prepared pan.
~In same bowl, mix flour, 1 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder & powdered milk together.
~Cover the dry ingredient mixture over blueberries.
~Pour melted butter evenly over blueberries.
~Bake for 35-40 minutes or until light golden brown.
~Serve warm or cold.

Variation:
~Add vanilla ice cream on top
~Omit flour, 1 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder & milk for 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix.


No comments: