I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spinach & Roasted Red Pepper Thin

I love the blends of the ingredients in this sandwich.  Great by it's self or with a nice hot bowl of soup.  I personally like a hot cup of tomato soup with it.  Best part is that the calorie count is only about 180 calories.
You can buy roasted red peppers to make this sandwich super quick to make, but I prefer making my own.




SPINACH 7 ROASTED RED PEPPER THIN
(makes 1)

Ingredients:
*1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (I make my own)
*1/2 large onion, sliced
*1 cup raw spinach
*4-6 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
*1 wedge light mozzarella sun-dried tomato & basil laughing cow cheese
*1 whole wheat sandwich slimwiches

Directions:
~Break slimwhich in half.
~Spread laughing cow cheese over one side (inside part) of the the bread.
~Spray a small skillet with a cooking spay.
~Add sliced onions, and grill over medium heat until lightly brown, stirring often.
~Remove onions & set aside.
~Pour about 2-4 tablespoons water into skillet.
~Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
~Add tomatoes, roasted red peppers & grilled onions and mix.
~Pour over half of the slimwich & place the other half over top of mixture.
~Grill in skillet until bread is slightly toasted.


No comments: