I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mixed Berry Syrup

I could eat this syrup by the spoonfuls.  In fact I think I have.   This is good, over pancakes, waffles,  healthy waffles, french toast and ice cream.






MIXED BERRY SYRUP
(makes 1 pint)

Ingredients:
*1/2 cup water
*2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
*1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
*1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries or raspberries
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
*1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
*1 teaspoon cornstarch
*1/8 cup cold water

Directions:
~Blend 1/2 cup water, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, sugar, lemon juice & lemon peel ingredients in a blender.
~Pour mixture into a medium size saucepan.
~Cook over medium heat, stirring often until a light boil.
~Remove from heat.
~Pour mixture through a sieve and into a clean saucepan to remove seeds (I do this twice).
~Bring mixture back up to a light boil, stirring often.
~In a small bowl, whisk 1/8 cup water and corn starch together until smooth.
~Pour cornstarch mixture into berry mixture.
~Whisk and continue cooking until syrup thickens slightly.
~Remove from heat, serve warm or cold.


No comments: