I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

One day I was thinking about my friend Jenn.   She is an amazing mother of quads.   Because her life is busy, (whose wouldn't be with 4 little ones running around) she likes slow-cooker meals.  I decided to play around with a recipe that would be super easy to throw together and would taste wonderful.    My family really liked this, I hope she will too.  These are about 278 calories each if using the low-carb wraps (317 if using flour tortillas).




SLOW  COOKER CHICKEN TACOS
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*1 green pepper, chopped
*1 red pepper, chopped
*1 onion, chopped
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 1/2 cups chicken stock/broth
*1 bay leaf
*1 ( ounce) packet of taco seasoning (I use mild)
*2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
*1 teaspoon dried dill weed
*1 teaspoon garlic powder
*1 teaspoon onion powder
*1/2 teaspoon dried basil
*1/2 teaspoon black pepper
*6 tortilla wraps (if watching calories use a low-carb wrap)
*1 1/2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
*1 tomato, chopped (optional)
*lettuce, shredded (optional)
*sour cream (optional)

Directions:
~Add chicken stock, bay leaf, parsley flakes, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, basil & pepper to slow cooker, mix ingredients together.
~Add chicken.
~Add red pepper, green pepper, onion & garlic.
~Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
~Remove chicken and shred.
~Return chicken to pot and mix.
~Scoop some chicken mixture on tortilla, top with tomato, lettuce & sour cream.

No comments: