I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Cobb Salad

 One of my favorite salads.    Sooooooo good!  I use a homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing or homemade Italian Dressing, but  use whatever is your favorite dressing.  Soft Bread Sticks go great with this salad  



COBB SALAD

(serves 4)


Salad Ingredients

*2 boneless, skinless,  chicken breasts, grilled and sliced (or use rotisserie chicken)

*8 cups romaine lettuce (or your favorite lettuce)

*1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I use fresh garden tomatoes when they are in season)

*1/2 - 1 small red onion, diced small 

*1 cup of crumbled bacon (about 8 slices)

*1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles

*4 hard boiled eggs, sliced

*1 avocado, sliced thin (I don't put one in my salad.  Not a fan)


Salad Directions:

~In a large bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, red and red onion together.

~Divide into 4 bowls or plates.

~Top salads with bacon, eggs, avocado, and chicken.

~Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing.

No comments: