I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, September 26, 2022

Hawaiian Dog

It took me a long time to decide to make this.  The idea of hot dogs and pineapple sounded  unappealing to me.  I was wrong.  The different layers on this hot dog is so good.



HAWAIIAN DOG


Ingredients:

*hot dogs (I like to use casing hot dogs)

*Hawaiian King hot dog buns

*bacon, cooked and chopped

*red onion, chopped

*pineapple, diced

*sliced jalapeño peppers, (I use cowboy peppers)

*hot sauce

*mayo

*cilantro leaves, chopped fine


Directions:

~Grill pineapple on grill or skillet until, browned and set aside.

~Butter inside of buns, grill util golden brown and set aside.

~Grill jalapeño peppers (unless you are using cowboy peppers), until soft

~Grill hot dog to desired doneness.

~Place a thin layer of hot sauce and mayo over toasted bun.

~Place hot dog on bun.

~Place pineapple, jalapeño peppers, onions, and bacon on side of hot dog.

~Place another thin layer of hot sauce and mayo over dog.

~Sprinkle desired amount of cilantro leaves over dog.

No comments: