I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Maple-Orange-Cranberry Syrup

I love this syrup.  It's great on any pancake, french toast or waffle.  You might even like it over ice cream.  It's easy and quick to make.


MAPLE-ORANGE-CRANBERRY SYRUP

Ingredients:
*1 cup pure maple syrup
*1 cup fresh cranberries
*orange zest from one orange
*juice squeezed from one orange
*1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*1 teaspoon butter

Directions:
~Bring syrup, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon and cranberries to a boil, over medium heat.
~Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes until cranberries pop.
~Crush cranberries with a wooden spoon or spatula.
~Simmer very low for another 5-10 minutes.
~Strain through sieve (this is optional, but I like my syrup without pulp).
~Add butter to liquid and stir until melted.

Variations:
`substitute fresh cranberries with cranraisins.   Add 1/4 cup orange juice to recipe.

No comments: