I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Banana Bread

One of my favorite breads.  I love to add coconut and nuts to make it really over the top good.  It's so moist.  I normally will only add the chocolate chips into the bread.  I then put the batter into the pans. Once in the pans I add the cocoanut and walnuts into one of the batters.  I do this because not everyone loves coconut like I do.



CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE-CHIP BANANA BREAD
(makes 2 loaves)

Ingredients:
*1 cup butter, softened
*2 cups granulated sugar
*4 large eggs
*2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
*4 bananas, mashed
*1 1/4 cups sour cream
*3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
*2 teaspoons baking soda
*1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*2 cups milk chocolate chips
*1/2 - 1 cup shredded coconut (1/2 cup if you are only adding to one loaf, 1 cup if for both)
*1/2 - 1 cup walnuts, chopped (1/2 cup if you are only adding to one loaf, 1 cup if for both)

Directions:
~Preheat ove 350 degrees.
~Lightly grease two bread pans.
~In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
~Mix in eggs, one at a time.
~Mix in sour cream.
~Mix in vanilla and bananas, mix until well blended.
~In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and unsweetened cocoa.
~Mix into wet ingredients until well blended.
~Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, coconut and nuts.
~Pour into prepared pans.
~Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over top of dough.
~Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.


No comments: