I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Barbecue Steak and Cheese Sub

I make my own garlic buns for this.  A little more work, but so worth the effort.



BARBECUE STEAK AND CHEESE SUB
(makes 4)

Ingredients:
*1 tablespoon butter
*4 good sturdy sub rolls (I make my own), split in half
*2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
*dash of salt
*1 tablespoon butter
*1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
*2 red bell peppers, sliced
*2 pounds rib steak or new york strip steak, thinly sliced or cut into cubes
*2 tablespoons olive oil
*salt & pepper to taste
*8 slices of provolone cheese
*1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I make my own)

Directions:
~Place onions, 1 tablespoon butter and a dash of salt into a skillet.
~Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often (onions will be caramelized).
~Remove from heat and place into a small bowl, set aside.
~In same pan, cook mushrooms until soft.
~Remove from heat and place into a small bowl.
~In the same pan, cook red peppers until soft.
~Remove from heat and place into a small bowl.
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~Season steak with salt and pepper.
~In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
~Place sub buns inside of buns down into melted butter.
~Cook until toasted.
~Place bottom halves of toasted buns in a 9x13 inch pan.
~Place olive oil into large skillet (I use the same one that I toasted the buns in).
~Cook steak for 4-8 minutes, depending on how done you like your steak.
~Remove from pan and set aside.
~Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on each bun.
~Place steak over top of cheese.
~Add mushrooms, onions and peppers over the steak.
~Drizzle barbecue sauce over steak and veggies.
~Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over veggies.
~Place top bun on sandwich.
~Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese melts.

No comments: