I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cucumber-Tomato-Feta Salad

I love this salad, especially when the veggies are in season.  It is so good.  You can add black olives if you like.  I like them, but my family does not.





CUCUMBER-TOMATO-FETA SALAD

(serves 6)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
*3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*3/4 teaspoon dried basil
*1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon onion powder
*1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
*1/3 cup red wine vinegar
*1 (16 ounce) container of cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
 (when tomatoes are in season I use about 2-3 tomatoes, chopped)
*2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
*1 small red onion, chopped
*1 cup feta cheese
*1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)

Directions:
~In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, mustard and red wine.
~Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
~In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.
~Mix dressing over veggies.
~Sprinkle feta cheese over top and serve.

No comments: