I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pumpkin Pancakes

Often when I try a pumpkin pancake they are to heavy.  I like my pancakes light and fluffy.  After some playing around I think I've mastered it. 





PUMPKIN PANCAKES
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*1 1/2 cups buttermilk
*3/4 cup pumpkin puree
*1 egg, beaten
*2 tablespoons vegetable oil
*1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
*1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*2 cups all purpose flour
*1/4 cup light brown sugar
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoons baking soda
*2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
*1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
*1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
*1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:
~In a large mixing bowl, whisk buttermilk, pumpkin puree, egg, oil and vinegar.
~In another bowl, sift flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and cloves.
~Stir into pumpkin mixture just enough to combine (do not over mix).
~Heat griddle or frying pan to medium heat and spray with a cooking spray.
~Laddle batter onto the prepared grill.
~Lightly brown on both sides.
~Serve with butter, maple syrup & whipped cream.



No comments: