I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mixed Up Salad

I love eating salads.  Especially if they have a mixture of fruit & veggies in them.  This is extra good.  I enjoy a homemade raspberry vinaigrette over it.  Omit or add any veggie or fruit that you like.  128 calories without the dressing on it.



MIXED UP SALAD
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
*8-10 cups of your favorite lettuce (I use two different types)
*1 carrot, peeled & chopped
*1/2 cucumber, chopped (peel if desired)
*1/2 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
*1/2 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
*1/2 small yellow onion, sliced thin
*1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
*1 cup fresh blueberries
*1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
*1 small apple, peeled & chopped
*1 small peach, peeled & chopped
*1 kiwi, peeled & chopped

Directions:
~Tear up lettuce into bite size pieces & place into a large bowl.
~Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
~Add your favorite salad dressing when ready to eat (I think a fruit based dressing tastes the best).

No comments: