I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Turkey Sausage


I started making my own turkey sausage and I must admit it's pretty tasty.   I love it just as it is or with in a whole-wheat sandwich thin with a poached egg and a slice of reduced fat cheddar or swiss cheese.  I make a couple batches and freeze them before cooking.   


Turkey Sausage
(serves 8)

Ingredients:
*1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
*3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
*1/4 teaspoon chili powder
*1 teaspoon salt (I use a salt substitute)
*1 teaspoon dried sage
*1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
*1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 teaspoon onion, minced
*1 teaspoon olive oil (optional, but help so the sausage is not dry)
*1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)

Directions:
~In a small bowl, mix ginger, salt, sage, mustard seed, chili powder and black pepper.
~In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey, maple syrup, olive oil, garlic, onion and spices together until well blended.
~Form turkey into patties (I use 2 scoops from a cookie scoop)
~Heat skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray (if you don't the sausage will stick to the pan).
~Fry sausage patties until browned on both sides and on longer pink in the middle.

No comments: