I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Ravioli Bake

I always thought that I didn't like ravioli until I ate some homemade ravioli.  Wow, was it good.   I make my ravioli in large batches and freeze them.  Then when I want to make ravioli bake or just fried ravioli, it's so much quicker.  You can buy the ingredients to make it quicker and easier, I just prefer the homemade stuff.




BAKED RAVIOLI
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*about 40 frozen homemade ravioli (if buying from the store 24 once size)
   (I use meat & cheese, but you can use just plain cheese ravioli too)
*2 1/2 cups homemade marinara or spaghetti sauce (if buying 23 ounce jar)
*2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
*1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
~Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray (I divide this recipe in half into two 8x8 pans.  One to cook right away and one to put in the freezer for a later date, because it' just my husband and I).
~Pour 3/4 cup of marina sauce the bottom of the pan.  Spread it out to thinly cover the entire bottom of pan.
~Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the marinara sauce.
~Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the ravioli
~Layer remaining frozen ravioli over marinara sauce.
~Top with remaining marinara sauce.
~Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top.
~Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the top.
~Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
~Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
~Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.

    No comments: