I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Beef Noodle Soup

Great soup to make with left over roast beef.   I use the entire roast beef and make a double batch of soup in my instant pot.   Makes great freezer meals or meals to share.


BEEF NOODLE SOUP
 (serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
*1 1/2 pounds cooked roast beef, shredded
*2 tablespoons butter (just for stove top method)
*2 carrots, peeled and sliced
*2 celery stalks, chopped
*1 yellow onion, chopped
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 cup frozen peas
*1 tablespoon better than bullion (or 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules)
*1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
*1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
*1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
*1 teaspoon ground black pepper
*1 (32 ounce) container beef stock (I make my own when I cook the roast beef)
*1 1/2 - 2 cups of cooked egg noodles (I make my own)

Stove Top Directions:
~In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté carrots, celery and onions in butter for 3-5 minutes.
~Stir in minced garlic, pepper, better than bullion, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
~Sauté for 20-30 seconds, stirring continuously.
~Add beef stock, dried parsley, and shredded roast beef.
~Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to aa simmer.
~Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
~Add in frozen peas and cooked egg noodles.

Instant Pot Directions: (if using already cooked roast beef then skip the first 5 steps)
~Place roast beef  on a rack in the instant pot liner.
~Add 1 cup water.
~Pressure cook for 30-60 minutes (I like cooking a frozen one for 60 minutes. It makes it fork tender)
~Do a quick release.
~Remove roast and shred.
~Add carrots, celery, onions, garlic, better than bullion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, pepper, parsley, shredded beef, and beef stock to liner.  (I use the stock from the roast beef and the container of stock).
~Place on lid and seal vent.
~Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
~Do a quick release.
~Stir in frozen peas and cooked egg noodles.





No comments: