I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spicy Steak Sauce

My daughter loves steak sauce on her steak.  I on the other hand never have, but his has changed my mind.  This is unbelievably good.   I think I'll try it on a chicken sandwich next.  It really isn't that spicy, just a little kick to it.  If you want to make it more spicy just add more hot sauce or a dash of cayenne pepper.



SPICY STEAK SAUCE
(makes 3/4 cup)


Ingredients:
*2 tablespoons raspberry jam
*1/2 cup blackberries
*2 tablespoon brown sugar
*2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
*2 tablespoon ketchup
*2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
*10-15 drops hot sauce
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
~Pour all ingredients into a blender and mix well.
~Set a wire sieve over a small saucepan.
~Push ingredients through sieve with a wooden spoon.
~Discard everything that will not go through the sieve.
~Bring mixture in saucepan to a boil, over high heat.
~Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
~Mixture will thicken up even more as it cools.
~Refrigerate any leftover sauce.


No comments: